Thursday, September 29, 2011

Amish Bread and brownies

I've been on a health kick lately and have really wanted to take control of what is going in to my family's body.  Plus if it's cheaper and better from scratch, why not?  

I love making Amish Bread to go with roast and steak.  
It reminds me of Rhodes Rolls. 
I also love making these brownies.  They are really good, not to sweet but I can't eat just one!  I can't remember where I found the recipe so I'll post it here and link back when I remember.  Also I make several batches ahead of time in mason jars so they are ready to mix up for that last minute guest or pot luck.




Brownie Mix
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
Mix ingredients together and place in container/jar.  When ready to make brownies add: 
1cup melted butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Mix until well combined.  Grease 9 x 13 pan.  Spread batter evenly and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment