Friday, September 24, 2010

Sea Monkeys

Since our trip to the aquarium, Nehemiah has been really interested in the way fish breathe and eat in the water.  So instead of feeding his curiosity with a fish we bought Sea Monkeys instead.  I don't remember ever having them as a kid so this was a new experience for me too.  After letting the water sit a couple of days we finally added the bag of eggs.  Almost instantly little mite like things were swimming in the water.  We explained to Nehemiah that they were brine shrimp. Upon hearing this he asked when they would be big enough to eat.  Yuck!  Let's just say I am not a fan of sea monkeys!  Every time I look at the container my skin crawls, but it brings a lot of joy to Nehemiah, so they continue to sit on the kitchen counter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment